With virtual economy being the most popular choice for mobile freemium games business model, you probably will want to have one of those in your game. Luckily SOOMLA provides you with both the Store bundle for an easy IAP integration and now with an easy way to customize your economy.
Update your virtual economy on the fly
Introducing the Virtual Economy Manager, a new GROW dashboard section you can access in order to review, manage and deploy your virtual economy. The Virtual economy screen allows you to update your virtual economy without releasing an update to the market (App Store or Google Play).
First of all you will need to have a hard coded economy configured in your game. checkout the knowledge base to see how it’s done. Then as soon as your device syncs with the Grow network, refresh the economy screen to see your economy. From there on any change you make to the economy from the dashboard will be synced to your game. Now you can create and delete your economy’s categories and currencies as well as create new virtual items and currency packs.
Managing virtual item inventory
- Single Use – The most basic and common kind of virtual good, can be purchased by your users multiple times. No limits! Examples: bullets, hoverboards, “save me”, 30-second speed boost
- Single Use Pack – Sometimes, you’ll want to to sell packs of Single Use goods. To support these cases, we’ve created the Single Use Pack. Examples: ammo packs, 3 “save me”s.
- Lifetime – A Lifetime virtual good can only be bought once and then it is kept forever. Examples: “Remove Ads”, double speed, new car.
- Equippable – An Equippable virtual good is a special type of Lifetime virtual good. In addition to the fact that it can be purchased once, it can also be equipped by your users. Equipping means that the user decides to currently use a specific Equippable virtual good. Examples: characters, weapons, outfits. This type of good is commonly used in first person shooters where the player switches back and forth between different weapons.
- Upgrade – An Upgrade virtual good is a virtual good in an upgrade sequence belonging to another virtual good. The associated virtual good can be of any type (Single Use, Equippable, etc..). Examples are anything that can be upgraded on a dimensional scale: speed, power, energy. You’ll see this a lot in racing games where the game progression depends a lot with upgrading your car’s tires, engine, gear etc.
Items can be purchased with either a virtual currency defined in your economy or with one of the market places (App Store, Google play, etc.). Once you made all your changes, don’t forget to deploy your new economy by clicking on the deploy economy button that will be displayed as soon as you have pending changes.
If you want to discard your changes after you already deployed your new economy click on the Delete Economy button. The economy will be synced right back with the hard coded economy the next time someone will load your game on his mobile device.
Developers using GROW already have the virtual economy management available, as always for free, in their dashboard. We encourage you to try it and send your feedback our way.