You may have seen signs or heard rumors that this is in the works but now it’s official. SOOMLA is creating an Ad Quality solution to be launched on September 2020. Early access will be available in July 2020.
The case for ad quality review
In the last 2 years ad based monetization took over as the leading monetization source for gaming companies while for other app categories it was already the leading source before that. The growing reliance of the industry on ads made publishers dependent on 3rd parties that serve ads inside apps without giving proper control and review tools. Here are some of the use cases that publishers were looking to address:
- Respond to user complaints by identifying inappropriate ads, tracking their source and quickly requesting the Ad Network to block the ad
- Find creatives with abnormal click patterns that may indicate of bad user experience that may not be inline with the UX the publishers would like to give it’s users
- Identify violation of the blacklist policy the publisher have established with the monetization provider
- Spot when a competing advertiser is starting to advertise a new apps on the publisher app or when a new app from a competing category is doing so
- Detect apps whose advertising is creating high churn that doesn’t justify the monetization benefits.
Due to market events the leading solution for these use cases was made private and is not offered as a standalone product any more. These scenarios are now left without a proper solution in the market which could cause damage to publishers who may:
- Start getting bad reviews and low star rating from users
- Experience higher churn without the ability to control the UX and retention impact of advertising
- Diminish their reputation and brand by being associated with poor UX and inappropriate ads
- Lose users to direct competitors and giving them fuel to compete harder
SOOMLA is finally making a move
So while we hinted on this direction the last time we blogged on the subject this is the first time SOOMLA is publicly announcing that we are going to provide a publisher solution for Ad Quality and Creative Review.
Since the beginning of 2020 we have been secretly working on technology to retrieve the Ad Creative of various networks and ad formats. This comes on top of our existing deep ad inspection technology. These days we are rolling this out to a few existing customers and we are planning to onboard 2 customers each month until the end of the year. This is going to be managed with a waiting list.
What will the solution look like
Per Advertiser Gallery
This screen will allow you to search advertisers and then see creatives as a drill down option on a single advertiser.
Responding to complaints – powerful filtering and searching
Once a complaint is received you have a vague description of the ad alongside partial information about the user device model, timing of the ad showing and version used. This screen is designed to help you zone in and narrow the list of creatives you will need to review in order to find the ad that triggered the complaint.
Viewing videos and playable ads with one click
Clicking on each one of the ad will allow you to play it.
Addressing each one of the use cases
The features we are developing are designed to address the use cases we listed above. Specifically the solution will offer:
- Dedicated screen for chasing down ads that user complained about and report them to the responsible monetization partner.
- Alerts for black list violations
- Alerts for watched publishers and categories as new competing apps are launched
- Dedicated reports for identifying creatives with bad UX and high churn advertisers through tracking engagement KPIs
- Our SDK is already collecting ad creatives for the past 3-4 months. This capability is demonstrated in our CI product AdIntel. If you wish to experience it with your own eyes and you are not a customer already you can sign up for a 7 day free trial without a credit card.
- Currently supported networks:
- 1st July Update: Mintegral + Chartboost + One major network Added!
- Unique creatives identified and analyzed last 90 days :
- Android – 113,461
- iOS – 94,824
|Programmatic data delivery via data dumps||May 2020||COMPLETED|
|MVP dashboard – functional but doesn’t look nice|
+ Blacklist violation alerts
|July 31st 2020||FINAL DEVELOPMENT STAGES|
|Full dashboard – functional and looks nice||Sep 30th 2020||DESIGN PHASE|
Unbiased and Mediation agnostic
As you have come to expect from SOOMLA the Ad Quality solution will be Unbiased and Mediation agnostic. If you want to learn more you can schedule a demo below.